Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Reflection on Internet based distance education

My humble opinion of Pat's and Khor's presentation is the content covered are very comprehensive until there were too much information for me to digest. Frankly speaking, in trying to filling in the evaluation rubric, I had a hard time recalling the contents presented. What I remembered most would be ISG is not ajinomoto but interactive study guide instead, since it was repeatedly told by Pat during the presentation. After reviewing the slide presentation posted, then only I was able to unpack the whole idea. Indeed, the content covered was very wide, informative as well as very useful. I am able to know about Course management sytem and tools available to be embedded in CMS. The term ISG is new to me and the presentation made me aware of the types of ISG available and their usefulness to enhance learning.

However, I noticed that the presentation outlined 5 learning objectives only but the the content went on beyond 5 I guessed. Besides, comparing the 3 movies presented at the beginning of the presentation as the induction set were not quite relevant to the whole ideas of internet based education besides time consuming. A better idea would we comparing internet based distance education with educational tv programme or learning coursewares. Infact, presenting the statistics of the growth of internet users in charts could also be an eye opener for the presentation.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Would you mind if I shared yoru feedback with Pat and BH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't mind at all. We are all learning. :)

    ReplyDelete